Secure on-site & van storage - why bother?
When your power tools and equipment cost thousands of pounds, you obviously want to make sure they are always safe from thieves and kept away from the elements, whether they are left on the construction site overnight or kept in a van.
On top of preventing would-be-thieves from stealing your precious equipment, some storage products include wheels or castors, essentially turning them into fully mobile workstations, capable of not only holding tools but, in some cases, also transporting sheet goods such as plasterboard, or copper pipes/conduit across the site.
Last but not least, storage containers allow you to easily organise your tools for quick access when on the job. Many models come with built-in shelves and compartments designed to store smaller items, such as wrenches, nuts & bolts.
How to pick the best storage solution
Your typical storage unit can come in a variety of form factors, ranging from small tool boxes meant for vans, through heavy-duty stationary site boxes, to large shed-like containers capable of storing both power tools and site equipment in one secure location.
Most popular storage types include:
- Van boxes/van vaults - designed to be bolted down to the vahicle floor, van boxes are the best choice if you leave your tools in the van overnight
- Site boxes/chests - robust, heavy-duty steel storage boxes meant to be stationary, though some models offer the ability to attach castors for a more mobile solution
- Van slider drawers - designed to fit between wheel arches, slider drawers are perfect for storing smaller tools or components, and can also be stacked for increased storage capacity in the same footprint
- Storage containers - offering the largest amount of secure storage space, steel containers are the go-to solution for construction sites and company yards
- Steel cages - perfect for storing drums and gas cylinders, steel mesh cages offer a lightweight and portable storage solution for hazardous/flammable substances
If you're dealing with hazardous or flammable materials, there are also COSHH-compliant and fire-resistant storage solutions available on our site. Get in touch with our expert team if you'd like to find out more.