Chemical and flame resistant storage containers
Proper storage of hazardous materials, such as chemicals, corrosives, flammable and explosive substances, is of vital importance on any site. Not only does it affect staff safety and wellbeing, but also helps mitigate environmental risks associated with potential chemical leaks into the soil or ground water.
Depending on the industry you work in, there might be different hazardous substances you are exposed to on a regular basis, for example:
- In agriculture, this could mean pesticides, soil improvers, oils lubricants, animal medicines, feed additives and more
- In industries such as off-shore oil, engineering or welding you may be regularly working with metalworking fluids, lubricants, adhesives, oils, paints or plating fluids, and even radioactive substances
- In motor vehicle repair you may deal with fuels, brake fluids, waste oil, degreasers, strong cleaning products, adhesives or fillers
- Even in industries such as beauty or hairdressing you may find products that can irritate skin or cause headaches when inhaled often
How to choose COSHH compliant chemical storage?
UK Government's COSHH regulations require that any container used for storing or transporting chemicals or other hazardous materials must be lockable, clearly marked (including warning labels) and be capable of keeping in spills. Most reputable products are also built with a certain level of fire resistance in mind, as well as integrated ventilation systems which prevent build up of dangerous fumes.
Before buying, you should also consider the size and form of the container you need. For example, you may look for:
- Small hazardous cabinets or cupboards with lockable doors
- Medium sized storage vaults and boxes suitable for use on-site or in vans
- Medium-large security cages capable of storing gas cylinders or other equipment
- Large chemical storage units for storing and controlling access to drums and IBC containers that can also be transported around site with a forklift
If you are not sure which storage solution fits your needs best, do not hesitate to give Safetrade 247 a call on 01467 632 555 - our expert team is always on hand to advise, or even create a bespoke package that fully meets your needs.